Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Interactive Readers Notbeook

Over summer I had a chance to attend a Professional development class on the Readers Workshop. They provided great information that I just can't wait to use this school year. I have already started creating lessons from what I have learned. One thing was the interactive reading notebook.  I did have  my students use reading notebooks, but it wasn't doing much for reinforcing a skill, I just had them write down about the book. From this workshop I learned a great way on how to use a notebook and the skills learned. I used a composition book for my readers notebook. The components I want to have is a section for independent reading and read alouds. So there are a few different options to make the divide in your composition book. I am going to use a piece of colored card stock in the middle of the book to divide the components. I have also created some worksheets with rubrics, tips, and information to put into the notebook. I just cut the pages to the size of my composition book and glued in. I also hot glued a piece of ribbon to the back cover to use as a bookmark. On my teachers edition I personalized my notebook with scrapbook paper and modgepodged it. For my students I was thinking of putting colored card stock or construction paper on the cover and they can decorate however they would like. Making it their own and personalizing it will give it more meaning. I have attached some pictures to check out what my readers notebook looks like. If you like the worksheets head to my TPT store, it's 18pages for only $1!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment